- Complaints must be submitted by registered letter to Therapiedier vzw no later than 7 days after the conclusion of the action, stating all relevant information.
- Belgian law applies to all disputes with Therapiedier vzw. The court of Leuven is the competent court in this regard.
- The owner remains responsible at all times for the behaviour and medical condition of his animal, in accordance with the law.
- In the event of complaints from interns or volunteers, you must immediately inform us and we will do what is necessary.
- In the event of complaints from third parties that we referred to you or with which we cooperated, you must immediately inform us and we will take the necessary steps.
- Everyone is free to promote us, to link, to distribute our printed matter, to recommend us etc. … but we are not responsible for their way of working and thinking. We are therefore not bound to third parties.
Code of conduct of a member – animal handler
- You respect animal welfare in the first place.
- You respect the privacy of other members, customers and institutions.
- You will not speak ill or spread gossip about the VZW or other members
- Complaints can be directed to the VZW.
- You may not request a salary as a visiting volunteer. Expense allowance may be an exception.
- You may ask for wages for therapeutic work with animals.
- You must have your own petting animals, therapy animals or assistance dogs tested annually for medical and behavioural reasons.
- If the code is not respected, you will be stripped of your membership (your membership fees will not be refunded) and eventually your behaviour will also be reported to all necessary authorities.
- You are not allowed to do (volunteer) work with bitches that are in season or animals that are injured or unhealthy.
- Therapiedier vzw is not responsible for employment (paid or voluntary).
- If you do not cancel your membership before 7 January of each year, your membership will be automatically extended. This is not the case with sponsorship.
Therapy animal / petting animal
Goal: Socially acceptable behaviour, Social behaviour and Respectful behaviour MAG Test (annually from 6 months) with a sociability test covering basic commands, obedience and control of the natural prey instinct (annually)
- Training for handlers
- Medical therapy animal
- Training therapy animal
- Membership vzw
3. Knowledge and training